An international award for scientific achievements in forestry and technology of the forest products industries.
The purpose of the Prize is to recognize, encourage and stimulate pathbreaking scientific achievements which contribute significantly to broadening knowledge and to technical development within the fields of importance to forestry and forest industries.
The Prize includes an award that currently amounts to two million Swedish Crowns. Examples of fields of importance to forestry and the forest industries:
The Prize is awarded to individuals only. Every year approximately 350 organizations around the world are invited to nominate candidates for the Prize. The achievements of nominated candidates are then evaluated by a special Selection Committee. Entitled to propose members of the Selection Committee are the following organizations:
- International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO)
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry
- International Academy of Wood Science
- Technical Association ofthe Pulp and Paper H4ustry. U.S.A.
- Technical Section of Canadian Pulp and Paper Association
- The Swedish Association of Paper and Pulp Engineers
- The Finnish Paper Engineers' Association
The Secretariat of the Marcus Wallenberg Foudantion
Postal address: S-791 80 Falun, Sweden
Phone: +46-23 78 21 66
Fax: +46-23 71 12 81
Address Telephone Telefax S-791 80 FALUN +46 23 78 21 66 +46 23 71 15 81 SWEDEN (Visiting address: Åsgatan 22) http://www.mwp.org/