Instructions for presenters
- The time allotted for presentations is 15–20 min. + discussion (5 min.) as a general rule, but you are recommended to check this with your session organizer.
- Session facilities include computers and data projectors (Windows). We recommend that you make a PowerPoint presentation.
- PowerPoint presentations can be sent in advance by email to coste33 @ metla.fi not later than May 23, 2008 (max. file size sent by email 5 Mb). Bring a copy on USB plug or cd with you. At the symposium presentations can also be submitted to the symposium assistant for the conference room in question in the morning or during the break before your session by USB plug or cd.
- Because of the limited space on the poster stands, we ask you to make your poster 74 cm in width and 104 cm in height. Posters will be attached to the stands by pins provided by the organizers.
- You can use your own organization’s guidelines for the poster layout. Otherwise a poster should include a clearly visible title at the top, followed by author(s) and affiliation information directly underneath. The body text of the poster may start with a short introduction in the top left corner, followed by methods and results, with conclusions in the lower right corner (body text in two or three columns).
- When choosing font size, please remember that the poster should be readable from a distance of at least one metre.
- Poster presenters will be responsible for transportation, pinning it up on the appointed stand, and removal of their posters. The posters are to be set up in the conference room on Tuesday, 27th May between 18.00-20.00 or on Wednesday, 28th May between 8.00-8.30.
- Poster presentations will be organized in one-hour sessions on Thursday and Friday, during which the author(s) must be available for questions and discussion. Tables will be available near the poster stands for displaying handouts of the posters.
Full papers (optional)
- All the abstracts are published in an abstract book of the conference.
- Authors have also an opportunity to submit full papers for a special
issue of Urban Forestry & Urban Greening or a special issue of Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism.
- Papers should present original scientific work not published elsewhere or interesting examples of innovative practice and all papers will undergo full peer review.
- For Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, final versions of full papers should be submitted online at http://ees.elsevier.com/ufug no later than *15 June 2008*.
- Authors should follow Urban Forestry & Urban Greening's instructions for authors which are available on the same website, under 'Guide for Authors'. The maximum length of the full papers is 7000 words including tables, references etc.
- For Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, abstracts of 1000 words should be submitted by October 15, 2008. Guidelines are found on the Journal website: www.tandf.no/sjht.
- Please see the Call for papers