Metla Research Programmes
Potentials for the utilisation of roundwood and wood raw materials in relation to the wood product markets (PKM)
Keywords: marketing, markets, timber scaling, value formation, wood harvesting, wood quality, wood supply, wood technology
- To support the objectives of the National Forestry Programme and forest industries by producing and providing information to forest owners, wood users and their organisations, public organisations and organisations in charge of marketing and promoting wood products
- To support the governement learning centre programme concerning wood and forest sector and to provide extension and technology transfer
- To accommodate various needs by forestry and forest industries concerning wood usage
- To diversify and specialise wood usage, develop consumption of wood raw materials and wood products as well as satisfy the need of wood raw materials especially in wood product industry
- To network with various research and development organisations, businesses and interest groups of forestry and forest industries
The research programme "Potentials for the utilisation of roundwood and wood raw materials in relation to the wood product markets" (PMK) combines Metla know-how in wood science and wood technology, forest technology, markets and marketing of wood and wood products, as well as silviculture and forest pathology.
Results Results of the programme are listed on the project homepages.
The Programme has arranged three seminars in Finnish.
The Finnish Forest Research Institute > Luke,
PO Box 68 (Yliopistokatu 6), FI-80101 JOENSUU, FINLAND,
phone +358 29 532 2111,
Top of page