- Compared seasonality predictions of the ecosystem model to satellite observations of snow and NDVI, collaboration with Finnish Environment Institute and FMI (Life+ Snowcarbo project) (Actions 2 and 3)
- Investigated methods to estimate LAI based on inventory data, comparison with MODIS LAI (Action 2)
- Participated in COST STReESS network meeting in Sarajevo, which investigates stress responses of trees (Action 1 and 7, Mikko Peltoniemi, 14-18.10.2013)
- Advisory group meeting (29.9.2013)
- Presented Climforisk for delegation from Uzbekistan at Metla (Action 7, 13.9.2013, Mikko Peltoniemi)
- Presented preliminary project results related to Pine sawfly vulnerability at Forest Management Association Päijät-Häme in Hollola, Finland (Action 7, Seppo Neuvonen, 4.6.2013)
- International Conference on Climate Change Effects, Potsdam, May 27-30. See also conference proceedings and presentation (Action 7, Sanna Härkönen and Annikki Mäkelä)
- Presented pest/pathogen vulnerability estimation at 2nd ICP Forests Science Conference, Belgrad, Serbia. See poster and abstract book (Action 6 and 7, Seppo Nevalainen, 28.5.2013)
- Project meeting at Metla, Vantaa (8.5.2013)
- Implemented climate scenarios for predicting CO2 balance of forests (Action 4)
- Statistician Dr. Seija Sirkiä joined project (1.5.2013)
- Participating in Henvi Science days. See youtube-video and presentation (Tuomo Kalliokoski and Annikki Mäkelä , Action 7).
- Participated in the planning of Forests and water research programme at Metla and presented Climforisk aims (11.4.2013, Mikko Peltoniemi)
- Project monitoring visit by Astrale Gaia (6.2.2013)
- Prepared and submitted deliverable Action 2 synthesis report to EC (30.1.2013)
- Prepared and submitted deliverable Action 6 report about first stage damage models to EC (30.1.2013)
- Prepared and submitted deliverable Action 3 report about models to EC (30.1.2013)
- Prepared and submitted Midterm report to EC (30.1.2013)
- Project monitoring visit by Astrale Gaia (16.1.2013)
- Identifying drought vulnerable areas based inventory and map data (Action 2) (31.12.2012)
- Identifying factors predisposing forests to different biotic damages based on ICP I data (Action 6) (28.1.2013)
- Construction of maps of LAI and absorbed radiation (Action 2) (30.11.2012)
- Participated in EU COST FP1106 action meeting concentrating on tree responses to stresses (Mikko Peltoniemi, Annikki Mäkelä)
- Merging of forest damage data sets (Action 6)
- Presented project topics and preliminary project results in "Ilmastonmuutos ja ääriarvot" seminar organized by Finnish society of soil sciences (Mikko Peltoniemi)
- Presented two project posters at the "Second Nordic International Conference on Climate Change Adaptation" held in Helsinki 29-31.8.2012 (Mikko Peltoniemi, Sanna Härkönen)
- Presentation about modeling climatic impacts on forests at the "Second Nordic International Conference on Climate Change Adaptation" held in Helsinki 29-31.8.2012 (Annikki Mäkelä)
- Investigating high performance database system solution for the support of model calculations on broad spatial scales, Shova Sah ended her training period (Action 2)
- Deliverable ready: Model bundle and documentation (Action 3, 29.6.2012)
- Project monitoring visit by EU commission (11.6.2012)
- Presentating project poster and model poster in international conference, 21 - 24 May, 2012, Tours (France) (Actions 1, 7, 3)
- Organizing research seminar on recent scientific knowledge about climate induced variability of forest carbon sinks, Metla Vantaa, 15-16.5.2012. (Action 7)
- Life 20+ years in Science Centre Pilke (Rovaniemi, Finland). Presenting Climforisk in the joint forest sector Life+ project exhibition (21.5.2012)
- Action 2 meeting (28.3.2012)
- Action 6 meeting (29.3.2012)
- Designing bark beetle monitoring in Finland. Meeting with the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Finnish Forest Centre, and Metla, 16.3.2012. Informing stakeholders about possibility of using Climforisk methodologies (Actions 6 and 7)
- Presented GPP- and evapotranspiration model at COST 0603 Meeting in Bordeaux, France, ,1-2.3.2012 (Action 7).
- Meeting with ilmasto-opas.fi portal representatives for potential collaboration (offspring of CCCRP Life+ project) (28.2.2012)
- CANCELLED: Climforisk posters presented at 2nd Terrabites symposium (February 6 -8, 2012 in Frascati, Italy, COST Action ES0805)
- Disentangling feedback and comments from stakeholder seminar (Action 7)
- Presentation of Climforisk project at LIFEDATA seminar 31.1.2012
- Advisory board meeting 26.1.2012
- Stakeholder seminar 26.1.2012 at Metla, Vantaa
- Broad scale tree species map based on forest inventory data has been constructed (Action 2). See also preliminary results
- Attending and presenting Climforisk poster at EU Life+ SnowCarbo Project Stakeholder Workshop in FMI
- First implementation of online map at high resolution has been conducted (Action 5). Peat land and open cliff masks have been extracted from topographical map (Action 2), and joined with soil map, see Results-page for preliminary results
- Presentation of Climforisk at the Forest side-event at Vaccia-Life+ project final seminar (Mikko Peltoniemi 29.11.2011)
- Action 5&6 meeting on planning pest/pathogen modelling and stakeholder seminar material (23.11.2011)
- Action 2 workgroup meeting on planning data platfrom and simulation system (22.11.2011)
- Presentations at FAO 26.10.2011:
- Presentation of project at ICP II (former FutMon Life+ programme) expert group at Metla, 17.10.2011.
- Geo-Carbon conference in Rome 24-26.10.2011.
- Visit to FAO, 26.10.2011.
- Metsätieteen päivät, 26.10.2011. Annual forestry event organised by The Finnish Society of Forest Science
- Presentation of Climforisk for ICI project collaborates from Vietnam and Nepal, 30.9.2011.
- Work with remote sensing data has started. Action 2 group meeting was held 3.10.2011.
- Contents of Climforisk project were presented at LIFEDATA project meeting 21.9.2011. Linkages between these two Life+ projects were discussed.
- Meeting about climate data delivery from FMI to Metla, 16.9.2011. Automated delivery and update to climate database will be organised. During the same meeting, Climforisk project was presented to CCCRP Life+ project at FMI. Possibilities of using ilmasto-opas.fi for presenting some of the results will be investigated.
- Action 5 group-meeting was held 15.9.2011 to initiate WWW-application planning.
- Project submitted Inception report to the Commission and monitoring team, 31.8.2011 (DL 1.9.2011) (Action 1)
- Management group meeting was organized 23.8.2011 (Action 1)
- Investigating methods to scale carbon and water balance predictions for Finnish forests (Action 2)
- First version of modelling software for carbon and water balances of forests (Action 3)
- Investigating correlations between soil properties and forest health variables (NFI and ICP data) (Action 2)
- Collected ICP level II data for testing modelling software (Action 2 and 3)
- Prepared deliverable: Detailed planning of the project (Action 1)
- Prepared deliverable: Press release (Action 7)
- Prepared deliverable: WWW-pages (Action 7)
- Prepared deliverable: Project brochure (Action 7)
- Prepared deliverable: Posters (Action 7)
- Setting up internal Wiki-forum (Action 1)
- Setting up mainframe platform and tools (Action 2)
- Acquiring and investigating soil map (Action 2)
- Estimating biomasses for NFI plots (Action 2)
- Estimating tree heights and crown heigths for NFI plots (Action 2)
- Kickoff-meeting and management group meeting 24.1.2011 (Action 1
/KBym | Photo: Erkki Oksanen, Metla, unless otherwise stated | Copyright Metla | Feedback