The FOREST-LIST is a general-purpose forum for issues on on forestry research and forest science.
- The messages should not be personally addressed, and should have general interest among forest scientists.
- Please, keep the messages concise, for discussions the recommended lenght is no more than one page (60 lines).
- You are welcome to send short reviews of publications, methodologies and computer-related questions pertinent to forest science. Announcements of open positions and professional events are also welcome.
- In these cases, the time, topic and location should always be mentioned on the subject-line.
- Please, use the Subject: of your message wisely to indicate clearly its content. For example: the subject should not be just "position", but include the title, organization, and perhaps location, too.
- Only subscribers are allowed to post directly to the list. All other messages are screened by the list moderators.
- Attachments are not allowed (they bounce back to the sender).
- Commercial advertising is not allowed on this list. However, the listowner may make exceptions to this rule if s/he considers the message to be of public interest.
- It is not appropriate to send your resumes, job applications or other private information to the list. These should be sent directly to the appropriate institutional addresses. Propagating personal resumes may be harmful for your privacy and career.
- If you are not sure of the suitability of content, please send your message to the listowner address listed below.
Being a professional discussion forum, you should not look for answers to student assingments without first asking from your nearest library or using an Internet search engine. After preliminary research you are able to create more specific questions and requests which have a higher probability to get an answer from a forestry professional. Then, if everything else fails, go ahead on the list.
Currently, the FOREST-LIST is hosted by the University of Joensuu, Finland. Please, note that the listowner has full copyright to the list archives. The current listowner of FOREST-LIST is Jarmo Saarikko (email@example.com) Finnish Forest Research Institute Metla, Information service, Box 18, FI-01301 VANTAA, FINLAND. The list was started in September, 1992 by Mr. Ari Turkia at the University of Joensuu and Dr. Hannu Saarenmaa at Metla. and was hosted by the Finnish University Network FUNET from 1995 until 2005.